Job Board >> Part-time Marketing Writer
|Company Name||Prospect Park|
|Date Posted||15, Thursday 2012|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
The Prospect Park Alliance seeks a part-time Marketing Writer for Prospect Park’s marketing materials. The Marketing Writer is effectively the written voice of Prospect Park Alliance’s marketing and communications materials, and works in a collaborative capacity on promotions for Park events and varied cross-departmental initiatives. The responsibilities of this position include:
Write copy for a wide variety of corporate, marketing and press communications materials for print and digital marketing. Generate ideas with marketing and communications team and collaborate with designers on blending copy with designs. Edit, proofread, fact-check, and coordinate production of a variety of written materials, ensuring communications are accurate, clear, complete, and conform to corporate style guidelines and editorial policy. Manage projects involving input from multiple departments including content marketing strategies, Park printed materials and the annual report.
Work with the Communications Director to write and submit events listings to local and regional newspapers, magazines, websites, blogs, and guidebooks and the Parks Department website. Act as liaison to our partners for events listings and other special projects. Support the Communications Director at press events: coordinating and executing events, passing out press materials, etc. Maintain press contacts database.
Participate in the distribution of Park materials and messaging and suggest strategies for enhanced, cost-effective ways for getting the word out to target audiences. Make sure all facilities have and are distributing Park materials.
As needed, help maintain departmental budget, files, computer systems, and equipment related to work and projects. Attend staff meetings and other job related business duties as assigned. Handle special projects as needed.
• Experienced writer with strong skills (samples of work required)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask; work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic work environment
• Ability to have flexible schedule when needed – some evenings and weekends required
• Ability to work outdoors as required
• College degree preferred
• Enthusiasm for Prospect Park and the Prospect Park Alliance
• Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel
• Experience with content management systems and shmucklemedia desirable
• Drivers license valid in New York State and a willingness to drive Parks vehicles
This is a part-time position at 15-20 hours a week Monday – Friday (weekend, morning and evening hours as needed). The salary for this position is $19 an hour. The Prospect Park Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Please send resume, cover letter and writing samples.