Job Board >> Part-time Technical Writer
|Company Name||AES Corporation|
|Date Posted||28, Wednesday 2012|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
• Follow a standardized process to edit and deliver software documentation in a fast-paced environment.
• Edit documents in Microsoft Word for grammar, spelling, and internal consistency
• Verify document references, check that the document contains all sections mandated and ensure completeness of the list of acronyms
• Make formatting corrections to ensure compliance with the program's standards
• Conduct editorial reviews of documents edited and make corrections suggested by the courseware developers as needed
• Regularly assist other team members
• Ensure timely delivery of documentation
• Execute procedures from the lab manual in a VMware environment to ensure accuracy of the courseware.
• Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads more complex technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications to provide clients with information regarding technical areas in a less technical way.
• Assists in establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet business needs.
• Record the status of tasks in progress on a daily basis.
• Retrieve documents from the customer's online documentation library
• Other documentation work as assigned
• Experience working with desktop publishing, word processing, and on-line documentation software
• Experience working with industry writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure
• Experience working with company software products
Job Specific Qualifications
• MS Word experience - required
• Experience editing and formatting papers, documents, presentations - required
• Experience with all MS Office products
• Experience working with PowerPoint presentations - required
• Experience supporting IT project deliverables
• Good proofreading and editing skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team