Job Board >> Personal Tech/Mobile Blogger
|Date Posted||10, Tuesday 2012|
|Listing Type||Per Post Fee|
VikiTech is an upcoming Tech blog which is rapidly making inroads into Internet & Tech savvy users' daily reading. We write about a large range of Personal technology topics, but our main focus is on Technology News, Windows OS, Software Reviews, Web Apps, How-to Guides, Tutorials & Mobile coverage.
With over 15k RSS and EMail subscribers and over 65k Facebook Fans within a year and half, we strike a chord with our readers.
We are looking to expand our footprint in the highly dynamic and competitive domain of Tech blogging by bringing in a new writers who are passionate about technology and have expertise in this field.
We already have a huge community of Windows users and plan to expand our coverage of Windows platform to include Windows Mobile Coverage. At the same time, we are looking to get more aggressive on the coverage of the Mac platform.
We are looking to add 5 new members to our team who specialize in specific niche and have previously written on these topics. The topics are listed below -
- Windows OS (should have access to Win 7 and 8, Write How-To's Tips and Tutorials)
- Windows Phone 7 (Should have a Windows Phone 7 Device with Latest Mango Update - Write App Review and How-To's)
- Mac OS (Should be a power Mac user, access to iOS devices is a bonus. Write about Mac software, Tutorials and How-To's)
- iOS (iPhone/iPad) (Should have access to iPhone and preferably an iPad. Writing consists mainly of App Coverage and Tips and tricks. Knowledge about Jailbreaking is a plus)
- General Tech (Cover Webapps, Windows Software, Browser extensions etc. Should match our quality requirement)
General expectations from Applicants:
- Competent in research. Should be able to conribute ideas/topics regularly. (Bonus payment for topics suggestions which are accpeted for publication)
- Very good editing skills with experience in writing for a personal or professional blog recognized in its field. (Having own blog is not necessary, in that case your work should have been published on other blogs.)
- Excellent written communication skills, articulate and proactive.
- Ability to work independently and in a team with minimum supervision.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and result oriented.
Personal & Professional Attributes:
The ideal candidate should have 1-2 years experience in online content publishing, social networking, with a passion for helping people by writing informative articles.
Should have basic knowledge/skills of:
- WordPress CMS publishing
- Google Analytics metrics analysis
- Understanding of SEO
- Multimedia production / editing including photo, audio & video
- Market and data-driven topic research
- Proficient social sharing skills
- Developing personal & professional relation on Twitter and Facebook
If you do not meet all the above criteria, but think you would still make a good candidate for this position, please get in touch with us.
* Create / Write / Edit at least thirty (30) high-quality, optimized, content posts each month.
* Offer and implement actions or ideas aimed at increasing the number of subscribers/ fans/ followers.
* Making sure the content is Original work and not "inspired/copied" from other sources.
* Work on creating Evergreen content.
* Research new and innovative content topics in co-ordination with the editor.
This is a "pay per post" position, and we have room for multiple bloggers with different areas of focus.
The position comes with an initial probation period during which you would be a contributing writer.
Upon its successful completion, you would be inducted as a Staff Writer. This position comes with additional bonuses for posts that perform well on social media and/or are mentioned on well known blogs.
If you think you are the right candidate for this job - please send an email with Subject line:
"Application for Writer Position at VikiTech". Any other subject may cause your application to go unnoticed.
Don't forget to mention the details about your previous writing experience and links to your previously published work (A minimum of 3-4 article links are a must - preferably on topics which you are interested in writing, from the 5 specific niche options listed above)
Pay structure would be discussed only with the shortlisted candidates. If you meet our minimum requirements, we will get in touch with you.