Job Board >> Public Relations Copywriter
|Company Name||Chicago Symphony Orchestra|
|Date Posted||15, Thursday 2012|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Contribute content to: Playbill, including articles and letters; institutional communication vehicles (i.e. newsletters, president’s reports/letters, annual report, etc.); press releases; and materials for season and other special announcements as needed.
2. Serve as the primary departmental source for editing and fact checking program notes, press releases, CSO’s online press room, Playbill articles and letters, institutional editorial projects, annual report, CSO Resound booklets, major announcement materials, marketing materials and other editing duties as assigned.
3. Research and write repertoire performance histories for CSO Playbill.
4. Update/write CSO musician bios and institutional bios as needed.
5. In association with the Archives, maintain repertory indexes; assist archives, when possible, with updating and ensuring consistency of library of work titles in appropriate databases.
6. Write monthly Symphony Center calendar of events and other PR materials as assigned.
HOURS WORKED AND LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT
Part time, estimated 18 hours maximum per week.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
1. Bachelor degree or equivalent required. English, Journalism, or Communications majors preferred.
2. Two to five years experience, preferably for a non-profit or performing arts organization.
3. Exceptional written and verbal skills required; proven editing and proofreading abilities.
4. Computer literacy, and experience in Internet use required.
5. Proven organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, and ability to work on deadline.
6. Proven ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
7. Knowledge of classical music required.
1. Foreign language skills a plus, but not required.
How to Apply
Please submit letter, resume, and salary history to:
Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
Human Resources Department
220 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60604-2508
Or send email.