Job Board >> Social Media Specialist
|Company Name||Paladin Staffing|
|Location||Rolling Meadows, **|
|Date Posted||01, Wednesday 2012|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
Location: Northwest Suburbs, ON-SITE daily, car needed to access office
Hours: 8:30 am – 5 pm
Benefits: Available during freelance period as well as robust total compensation package once role converts
Start Date: ASAP
Conversion: Specialist may freelance anywhere from one to four months before they are converted to a permanent employee.
The social media specialist will work collaboratively with colleagues from across the organization to promote their goals, messages, image and credibility. The specialist will support the development, implementation and monitoring of social media campaigns across a number of platforms and will write and gather content for electronics publications, third-party blogs and the web site.
• Plan and implement social media programs that ensure appropriate messaging is executed online, support corporate goals, and incorporate Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
• Monitor social media groups, trends, tools and applications, and recommend actions.
• Work closely with staff to develop and post content to social networking sites.
• Obtain video content for the web site and social media platforms.
• Edit and prepare video for web site.
• Identify industry influencers to connect with on social media platforms and request blog posts.
• Identify top industry bloggers and maintain regular outreach.
• Set and track meaningful metrics to evaluate success.
• Develop strategies for responding to various social media scenarios.
• Create social media editorial calendar.
• Regularly report insights gained from social media monitoring to internal and external stakeholders.
• Train others on using social media platforms effectively.
• Obtain and/or create content for the association blog and third-party blogs.
• Attend select events to manage social media campaigns onsite.
• Assist other departments with writing/editing content for the web.
• Participate in social media training opportunities to stay current with the latest trends and developments.
Requirements and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Two+ years of professional/corporate social media experience
• Previous blogging/writing experience
• Familiarity with programs and tools such as Vocus/Cision/Radian6
• International experience preferred
How To Apply
• Updated resume in word format; no PDFs please.; Required: brief summary of how your background relates to this role; Salary Reqs