Job Board >> Social Media/SEO Specialist - GRMA103
|Company Name||Global Relay Communications|
|Date Posted||08, Tuesday 2013|
|Listing Type||Monthly Rate|
Headquartered in Vancouver's historic Gastown, Global Relay has regional offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore providing leading Message Archiving and Compliance Service to customers world-wide. With ongoing growth, Global Relay is currently expanding our Sales team to service a world-wide blue chip clientele. Global Relay recognizes excellence and provides its team members with endless opportunities for growth and development.
We are looking for an entry level Social Media / SEO Specialist to join our growing Marketing team who will assist with ongoing client and public Social Media campaigns. The ideal candidate will be actively engaged in the social media space, a strong content promoter, and thrive in online community and relationship building. If you classify yourself as a true social media enthusiast with high energy and creativity, we want you!
As the "social host" for Global Relay, you will be responsible for actively participating in a wide variety of social media activities such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogging and online community development. In this role, you will also interface with key stakeholders in content generation and blog design. This is an exciting opportunity for you to help build Global Relay's social media presence and grow it to greater success.
• Help to grow, engage and maintain Global Relay's presence on social networking sites (primarily Facebook and Twitter, but also LinkedIn, YouTube, Hootsuite, etc.) by sparking conversations and engaging online visitors
• Develop and implement social media strategies and campaigns; identify trends and recommend social media best practices at Global Relay
• Participate in and build new communities and identify new ways for Global Relay to engage online
• Grow social media membership base and convert members into enthusiastic advocates
• Work with customer business objectives to develop, maintain, and execute Social Media calendar and posting schedules
• Manage & add to Global Relay listings in industry publications
• Develop Global Relay blog, share appropriate articles and blogs, and monitor blog analytics
• Research and build a database of relevant blogs and Internet sources of interest
• Develop relationships with external bloggers by providing them with information about Global Relay's campaigns
• Monitor media and analyst coverage, trends, and upcoming research agendas for Global Relay participation
• Support SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategies
• Use Social Media and SEO to drive measurable results
• Evaluate Social Media and SEO metrics and provide reporting, analysis and recommendations
• Keep up with Social Media and SEO marketing trends
• Perform administrative and other duties as needed
Candidates should have an existing social media presence. A strong personal network is preferred. You should be creative, enthusiastic and able to communicate in short-form writing.
• Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, New Media, Public Relations or a related discipline
• Knowledge of all major social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) as well as online communication activities such as blogs, webcasts, forums and live chats is a must
• 1-2 years experience or training in marketing or sales preferred
• Experience in customer service or other people-oriented fields desired
• Previous experience and success in developing and executing online marketing strategies and social media campaigns
• Knowledge and understanding of current editing, authoring tools and related blog technologies
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills
• Must be able communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
• High energy level with a results-oriented approach
• High attention to detail with high quality standards
• Previous experience with SalesForce or other CRM system is an asset
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign or Illustrator and Photoshop is a definite asset
• Work experience at a professional services firm (i.e. banking or legal industries) is an asset
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document.
Save your PDF using the following format to indicate your full name and application date