Job Board >> Part-time Software Technical Writer
|Company Name||Software Created|
|Date Posted||06, Tuesday 2011|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
* Writes, edits, and produces technical data for major software development projects.
* Ensures technical documentation is accurate, complete and adheres to DITA standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
* Assist in the establishment of style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations.
* Assist in the migration of the documentation set into a Content Management System.
* Works closely with Product Management, Developers, QA and Training specialists.
* Participates in the AGILE software development process
* Proficient in DITA authoring
* Demonstrated experience in FrameMaker 7.0+, RoboHelp, Visio, Snag-It, MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
* Working knowledge of Content Management Systems
* Strong project management skills
* A bachelor degree in an applicable technical or communications field
* Five to seven years experience as a technical writer in the software development industry
* Excellent communication skills
* Team player
* Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment