Job Board >> Spanish Speaking Freelance Writer
|Company Name||Sacramento News & Review|
|Date Posted||07, Tuesday 2013|
|Listing Type||Per Post Fee|
* To publish great newspapers that are successful and enduring.
* To create a quality work environment that encourages employees to grow professionally while respecting personal welfare.
* To have a positive impact on our communities and make them better places to live.
We are looking for a Spanish speaking freelance writer to create advertorial copy for the Sacramento News & Review client publication supplements on a variety of topics. This freelance writer will not report to the Sacramento News & Review editorial department and will not be considered a News & Review employee. Stories will be labeled as a part of the advertising supplements. Two years experience as a reporter is desired and a background in health, business or science writing is a plus. Pay would be arranged on a per story basis.
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must be Spanish speaking and able to translate interviews spoken in Spanish into English written stories.
* Experience as a reporter/editor and background in investigative reporting is a plus.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Good writing skills and understanding of advertising.
* Good understanding of how to handle and edit copy.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office required.
* Ability to effectively work with clients and staff members.
* Ability to interface with the public in a professional manner.
* Translate spoken Spanish into written English
* Excellent time management skills and ability to work within deadlines
* Strong work ethic
* Strong organizational skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Desire to have a positive impact in the community
* Curiosity about the diverse cultures that make up our city and about how things work
How To Apply:
If interested and qualified, please apply in the following manner. APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THIS APPLICATION PROCESS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED:
Please e-mail your resume, three samples of your work in pdf format or links to a url, and answer the following questions to jobs(at)newsreview.com
When sending your resume please answer the following questions in the body of your e-mail:
1. What motivates you to write and which topics do you gravitate toward?
2. This position requires the ability to meet chaotic (sometimes unrealistic) deadlines, communicate complicated messages that are easily understood by the everyday person, and touch the heart of the reader so that they will commit to becoming involved in a charity or community activity. Describe the skills you have that would make you successful in this area.
3. Please address your commitment to remaining in this temporary/freelance position for its entire duration?
*Samples submitted in support of candidacy consideration will not be returned. No telephone calls, including agency reps, please. This position will remain open until filled. Chico Community Publishing, Inc., dba News & Review is an EOE.