Job Board >> Technical Writer
|Company Name||STC Associates|
|Date Posted||13, Thursday 2012|
|Listing Type||Hourly Rate|
STC is looking for a freelance/PT/FT creative technical writer to work on client projects in the telecom and technology fields in our Brand and Market Strategy Group. The ideal candidate(s) will have a strong writing background, along with excellent PowerPoint, research and project management skills. A B2B technology background and broad understanding of the technology market landscape are essential. Specific areas of expertise preferred are in Data Center, Cloud, Managed Services and Mobility. You will report directly to the Vice President of Brand and Market Strategy.
Candidate must be able to work in-house.
• Bachelors Degree in Communication, Journalism, English, PR/Advertising, International Business or relevant technology field
• Agency experience preferred
• Basic b2b technology background for technical writers, understanding of the b2b sales process
• Telecommunications experience a plus
• Experience creating innovative copy solutions that inspire strategic concise messaging that will build and reinforce the client-target audience relationship and the client-agency relationship
• An appreciation for the relationship between the text and the visual elements
• Quality control -- able to edit, proofread and copyedit a variety of products to ensure consistency in style, tone and quality
• Strong ability to organize, prioritize, manage time, and meet deadlines
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint
• Personal interest in the digital media, business and social media space is essential