Job Board >> Technical Writer - Construction Company
|Date Posted||21, Friday 2012|
|Listing Type||Monthly Rate|
Newly Created Position
Working independently and in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), this writer can create and update technical documentation.
Researches and fully understands the products being documented.
• Ability to establish standards and processes.
• Experience working within cross-functional teams (analysts, testers, developers, and writers).
• Ability to produce customer documentation with a minimum of detailed requirements documentation.
• Develops and integrates graphics with deliverable documents.
• Synthesizes content from disparate document sources from multiple authors into a single deliverable.
• Performs job tasks such as editing copy, formatting, or converting documents.
• Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a Technical Writer.
• Excellent command of English language.
• Ability to research and convey technical information in a clear and concise manner.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with peers and Subject Matter Expert (SMEs).
• Expert knowledge of industry standard technical writing tools (Desktop Publishing tools, Acrobat, and so on).
• Knowledge of construction industry is an asset.
• Experience documenting user interfaces
• Good understanding of file management.
• Highly developed knowledge of style guide principles.
When submitting your resume please note the words Technical Writer in the subject line. All resumes welcome.