Job Board >> Technology Writer
|Company Name||Wall St. Cheat Sheet|
|Date Posted||07, Friday 2014|
|Listing Type||Monthly Rate|
- Stay on top of and report on trends and new products in the technology industry.
- Propose your own story ideas and angles based on your industry knowledge.
- Consistently deliver high-quality and professionally written articles.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment.
What makes Wall St. Cheat Sheet a great place to work?
- We are a recognized leader in financial media with more than 14 million monthly readers: Wall St. Cheat Sheet has been ranked Forbes’s #1 Social Media Influencer on Wall Street, a Google Editors’ Picks partner, and a Wall Street Journal Top Financial Media Site.
- We are a tightly knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be an expert in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are a young company on the verge of rapid growth and we want you to grow with us. At Wall St. Cheat Sheet, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can live wherever you want and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, performance bonuses, and 401k contributions.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- A background in and passion for news writing, as well as a voice that you’re looking to hone.
- A strong grasp on proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- The skill to recognize interesting news elements and have these appeal to every kind of reader.
- A love of spending a large amount of time on technology blogs and an interest in learning how the industry is changing.
- A reputation among friends and family as the go-to person to know which app they should download next, or why they should wait before getting that new phone.
- A willingness to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
- A working knowledge of search-engine optimization is preferred, but not required.
How To Apply