Job Board >> Temporary Copywriter
|Company Name||Norm Thompson Outfitters|
|Date Posted||28, Friday 2012|
|Listing Type||Monthly Rate|
We share your vision and are seeking an outstanding Temporary Copywriter to join the NTO creative team.
Norm Thompson Outfitters' mission is to inspire discovery through break-from-the-pack brands and uncommonly rewarding work. As a leader in the multi-channel retail field we fulfill this mission through our brands - Norm Thompson, Sahalie, Solutions, Body Belle and Gold Violin. Additionally, Norm Thompson Outfitters is part of a growing family of companies including Appleseed's, The Tog Shop, Draper's and Damon's, and Haband -- allowing exposure to industry benchmarking, knowledge and growth opportunities.
The Copywriter is responsible for the creative execution of copy direction for various media according to the merchandising concepts developed in assigned area. Writes copy for various sources to promote sales and services and to communicate the company's tradition and business philosophy to target markets for web or catalog.
• Develops product identity, concepts and themes
• Works closely with merchandising staff to enhance brand identity through all communication materials
• Utilizes desktop publishing software to write creative, descriptive and accurate copy for all types of merchandise and for all media, including catalog and web
• Sells assigned products for multiple brands by writing informative and interesting copy that emphasizes the products' benefits
• Edits, fits and proofreads copy for catalog, eCommerce and additional collateral
• Executes and/or oversees production of copy from concept through completion of project
• Responsible for content and accuracy of copy
• Ensures all deadlines are met
• Works with web graphic designer to conceptualize and execute electronic mail ads, website concepts and all website copy
• Exhibits professional conduct in all business relationships, actions and communications
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Advertising or Journalism or equivalent experience which provides requisite knowledge, skills and abilities
• Excellent written communication skills, including grammar, spelling, punctuation and syntax
• Ability to write creatively in order to sell products persuasively
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Working knowledge of Mac environment desktop publishing design programs, including MS Word and InDesign
• Ability to proofread and edit print and electronic written material
• Excellent attention to detail
• Must be able to work independently
• Ability to multi-task and have the versatility to adapt to an ever-changing, deadline-based environment
• Ability to work well in a collaborative environment
This temporary assignment is designed to cover a leave of absence with an expected duration of 3 to 5 months. All applicants must be able to commit to the duration of the assignment within the time frame of October 2012 through February 2013.
Equal Opportunity Employer