Job Board >> Writer/Editor
|Company Name||Aperian Global|
|Date Posted||27, Wednesday 2013|
|Listing Type||Per Post Fee|
• Leverage global talent
• Grow the capacity to innovate
• Mobilize resources to successfully execute global strategies
• Create human integration solutions to cross-border challenges
• Synthesize and integrate global knowledge and lessons learned
• Enable leaders, managers, and employees to see and seize global opportunities
• Equip people with skills, knowledge, and insights to succeed in globally diverse environments
For more information on the Company, please go to our website at www.aperianglobal.com.
Aperian Global is currently seeking contract writer/editor(s) to participate in the content development for Aperian's GlobeSmart® web tool. GlobeSmart is an online reference tool on how to do business effectively with countries around the globe. It is currently licensed by more than 100 major global organizations.
Qualified candidates will possess a bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or related field, 2-3 years experience, and demonstrated skills in the following areas: analysis, research/reporting, writing, verbal communication, editing, and proofreading. The successful candidate must have the ability to write clear sentences that can be understood by international businesspeople whose native language might not be English. They should also display high attention to detail, be familiar with copyright and plagiarism guidelines, and exhibit the highest ethical standards in creating content.
Since our content pertains to global cultures, familiarity with the field of intercultural communications, experience interacting with diverse populations, and experience traveling and living in other cultures are highly desirable.
Samples of previous work and/or a portfolio may be requested upon interview.
Applicants should be prepared to take a skills test measuring proficiency in writing from research or research notes, proofreading according to specified guidelines, and editing tone.
- Create final country content from interview/research notes provided by others
- Augment provided notes with online research
- Update existing content based on updates or feedback from experts or users
- Create quizzes based on country content
Participate in the production of country development projects, meeting quality standards, technical requirements, and best practices:
- Optimizing graphics
- Selecting appropriate imagery from an approved pool
- Testing and assuring cross-browser and cross-platform quality
• Ability to work with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT), Google docs
• Experience with HTML helpful
• Excellent collaboration skills, particularly in soliciting and incorporating critique and feedback from multiple stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to work well independently or on a team, always showing respect for diverse constituencies
Send CV/resume and cover letter highlighting relevant experience and general salary expectations. Please reference the job title in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted for screening. Thank you.