Folksonomy has a post up which goes through seven ways you can optimize your blog for your readers.
1. Spend Time on Appearance
2. Focus on Information Design
3. Keep Things Futureproof and Scalable
4. Standardize Everything Possible
5. Streamline the Posting Process
6. Keep Things Simple
7. Put Your Readers Above Yourself
These might sound simple enough, but it really takes a different type of person to look at information architecture, rather than just design or code. So take an extra second today to look over these points in full, and then decide if you have done enough to make your blog as optimized as you can.