Happy Monday, folks! We’ve got a lot to cover this week. First off, Six Apart released Movable Type 4.34 on Wednesday. Here’s a few of the highlights from the release notes:
- Corrected a problem with user privilege changes implemented in Movable Type 4.33 that prevented a user from uploading a userpic (a picture of himself or herself) in some situations.
- Fixed a typographical error in the lib/MT/Summary/Proxy.pm Perl module in Movable Type 4.33 that resulted in “subroutine redefined” errors being reported in some circumstances.
- Fixed a problem with the internal search facility within the Movable Type 4 CMS that prevented more than 125 results matching the search criteria to be displayed. Thanks to Mark Carey for the patch.
- Fixed a problem with the internal search facility within the Movable Type 4 CMS that caused all “Regex Match” searches to return no matches.
- Fixed a problem in Movable Type 4.33 where searching for entries by date ranges returned incorrect results. This problem was most noticeable to users of the Blog Stats Dashboard Widget. It often displayed no activity for entries or comments regardless of actual activity.
Lots of new and updated plugins to tell you about this week. First, Dan Wolfgang has updated his More Custom Fields plugin. This new version makes Selected Entries easier to choose, adds a new “Selected Pages” field type, and makes the plugin free for all users.
Hajime Fujimoto is the developer of Numeric Custom Fields, which gives you the option of creating integer and float custom fields.
for out last plugin this week, ParentalInclude by SKYARC System Co., Ltd. makes it easier to include a template from a parent website inside a blog template in MT5.
Over at Movable Tips, Maarten Schenk has several new tips for us:
Template Syntax Highlighting in Movable Type Templating Entries — Maarten uses Google Chrome to add code with syntax highlighting to his blog posts.
Using Movable Type Template Tags to Count Things — Another fun templating lesson. This time, Maarten shows us how to count just about anything, using the
Premature end of Script Headers, Error 500, Movable Type and You — This post explains the cause of some common script errors, and gives advice on tracking down the problem.
Displaying a Thumbnail of an Entry Image with the Title of a Post — Here, Maarten shows us how to loop through your entry assets and display a thumbnail image to represent each post.
What have you done with MT lately? Let us know in the comments.