Video content is a great way for online retailers to promote their products and get them across their target market. Unlike static content such as text and images, videos present the products in a more dynamic fashion to help potential buyers decide much quicker whether or not to purchase from you. Not to mention, online videos are a great way to boost organic traffic and lead nurturing by 300%.
Sadly, among online retailers, only a handful are correctly incorporating online video into their marketing strategy. A research study launched by Conductor and Invodo called “The Marketer’s Guide to Video SEO” reveals that, out of the top 100 retailers in the 2014 Internet Retailer 500 list, only 16 have more than 10,000 videos on their site.
If you are a retailer who uses blogging as a platform to sell your products and goods, then it’s high time that you learn the ins and outs of online video SEO to maximize the chances of ranking for your content, as well as convert those visitors into actual buyers. Below is a list of ways on how to optimize your online videos.
Plan your video content in advance
You can’t simply create different videos displaying your products to the public and expect them to come running down your online shop and buying your stuff. In order to create videos that generate traffic and interest towards your brand, which later on could lead to a sale, you will need to develop a content strategy for your online video content. Doing this will help you refine:
- your target audience
- your core message and mission objectives (why do you want to create videos for your shop in the first place?)
- the tone of voice the video content must possess
- the topics to be discussed in the videos that your audience will love
- the amount and frequency of content to be published
- how your videos are different from your competitors
Once you get these things done, you will have a better understanding on how to approach creating your video content to maximize their effect.
Observe best SEO tactics
As with all types of content, online video also needs to be optimized in order to observe the best SEO practices. To cover this part for us, LocalVox has published an infographic that details all the things you need to do in order to optimize your video content.
- Create a video sitemap using Google Webmaster Tools and submit it to Google so that its search engine spiders can crawl your content much easier and rank your content on your specified keyword
- Make sure that your logo and website is featured on the video so that people will be able to associate your high-quality video content with your online shop.
- Link related videos you’ve created together by way of creating annotations (if you hosted your videos on Youtube) so that it will be easier for users to check out on your other videos for increased views
- While social proof as an SEO factor is still up for debate, it is nonetheless important to share your video content on social media or create blog posts about it to drive your social shares through the roof.
Question: What are other ways that retailers can boost their online video SEO efforts?
More on online video: