We’re looking for Instructional Content Developers for AP Language and Composition!
We’re looking for writers and editors to contribute to the development of our applied reading and writing lessons for grades 6-12. This is a remote position and requires a weekly commitment of approximately 10-15 hours per week temporarily (3 months) with the potential to continue working on many other projects in the future as well.
As a content contributor, you would receive assignments that are part of our lesson development or revision processes to ensure instructional quality and adherence to grade-level expectations and internal lesson guidelines.
Why you want to work at ThinkCERCA:
ThinkCERCA is passionately committed to improving the quality of K-12 education. Built by educators, our online platform is designed to empower teachers in personalizing literacy instruction across disciplines. The ThinkCERCA Framework provides a common language for students, teachers, parents, and administrators to drive sustainable growth in student achievement. Our work has a demonstrated impact: The results of third-party studies show that schools that use ThinkCERCA see significant growth in their students’ literacy and critical thinking skills.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
You are passionate about education and entrepreneurial in spirit. You’ve been both a teacher and a curriculum developer with a specialization in secondary education. You are very comfortable with technology and interested in contributing to instruction that really works in the classroom.
Here are some skills and qualifications we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience in a classroom, grades 6-12 required
- Teaching of AP Language and Composition experience required (preferably recent or current teachers.)
- 3-5 years of experience in educational publishing, creating standards-aligned lessons and assessments preferred
- Proven ability to write curricular content and incorporate editorial feedback into your work
- Deep understanding of Science of Reading strategies for secondary level students (this is the key focus)
- High level of expertise in CCSS, TEKS, BEST, or related state standards
- Familiarity with NGSS, Learning for Justice’s Social Justice Standards, and CASEL framework preferred
- A strong desire to learn about and with the content team (we are an education company, after all)
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in Google Suite
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/job/ap-english-editor/→