Bustle is seeking an Associate Editor to work across its entertainment vertical assigning and editing articles about celebrities, TV, internet culture, and breaking news. The ideal candidate is a pop-culture fanatic whose finger is on the pulse of the convergence of internet and celebrity culture. They should be as well-versed in current TV, movies, and music as they are in the latest Twitter controversy or TikTok trend, with an eye towards how pop culture sparks conversations around celebrities and creators. The ideal candidate will be confident in finding and cultivating diverse voices in their section, resourceful in generating original angles for their coverage, and enjoy the challenge of mining traffic insights to ideate new coverage ideas.
Applicants should be passionate about pop culture, creative, and quick on their feet, with a strong command of editorial voice, style, and tone. The ideal candidate will have experience in entertainment writing and editing, including conducting and writing interviews. Applicants must be available to work Monday-Friday (remotely for the time being, but from our New York office upon reopening), with occasional night or weekend coverage for live events like award shows.
- Manage a team of part-time writers and edit a high volume posts per day
- Brainstorm and assign ideas for celebrity coverage, both evergreen and news
- Collaborate with the TV team to establish coverage plans for important shows and the conversations around them
- Watch select shows and special entertainment events live with a team of writers and assign and edit content in real time
- Conduct interviews and write features
- Build relationships with publicists and networks
- Must be well-versed in TV, pop culture, and internet culture
- Experience with entertainment writing
- Follow a variety of TV shows that include drama, comedy, and reality
- Flexibility to jump on to help cover breaking news
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.