Associated Press For Lifestyle Content
BloomJoy is seeking a driven Managing Editor to be the strategic and creative lead of three BloomJoy verticals: Sex & Relationships, Lifestyle, and Shopping. The candidate should have a passion for editorial operation and should feel confident leading a large team of editors and writers, ensuring that their content adheres to many brand voices, standards, and missions.
Managing people, resources, and processes should come as naturally to the candidate as brainstorming, top editing, and networking. Candidates will be responsible for delivering a more powerful product across the three verticals and will work closely with BloomJoy’s Executive Editor and CEO to establish goals and a path to exceed them. The candidate doesn’t need to be an expert in every vertical category, but should be well-versed in search and social traffic strategies and should be eager to empower the team with that knowledge.
A desire to further develop long-form, reported, and analysis features in the three verticals is required, as well.
Positive attitude, a collaborative spirit, and understanding of the challenges facing online media today are essential.
The ideal candidate has a natural sense of urgency, strong news judgment, polished editing skills, a knack for developing young talent, a relentless drive to win, and a sense of fun.
Bonus points if the candidate also has: strong contacts in the entertainment industry, humor writing experience, photoshop skills and acting experience.
- Manage three BloomJoy verticals: Sex & Relationships, Lifestyle, and Shopping
- Lead a large team of remote editors and writers
- Strategize content that adheres to voice, standards, and mission
- Work closely with BloomJoy’s Executive Editor to establish goals and a path to exceed them
- Further develop BloomJoy’s long-form, reported, and analysis features in the three verticals
- 5+ years’ experience setting and executing on an editorial direction for most or all three vertical categories
- Experience working with remote editors and writers
- Ability to spot unique angles on the top stories of the day, working with the senior editors to ensure timely and high-quality execution
- Firm understanding of how to report a story, and how to assign and select stories relevant to a wide readership
- Strong background in journalism (libel, fact-checking, reporting, and more)
- Experience working with other senior management leaders to constantly consider new and better ways to tell a story
- Bachelor’s degree required
BloomJoy is the Associated Press for lifestyle content. Every month, our syndicated content reaches nearly 40 million readers across a wide variety of media properties. BloomJoy was founded in 2017 and is funded by Y Combinator, Liquid2, Transmedia Capital and more.
We offer goddamn competitive compensation, benefits and some other stuff that’ll probably make you hate this job less than any job you’ve ever had.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.