About Elevate Labs
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people’s minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple’s App of the Year Award. With Balance, our second mobile app, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully distributed company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
We’re looking for a contract writer to write and revise copy for our educational games. You’ll report to the Senior Content Strategist who will make assignments and set priorities and schedules. Our ideal candidate is a versatile writer and storyteller with an eye for concision, factual and grammatical accuracy, and facility with British English vocabulary, grammar, and style.
What you’ll do here
- You’ll write and revise educational content for Elevate.
- You’ll follow our in-house style guides and help build our institutional knowledge of British English conventions.
- You’ll contribute about 10 hours per week.
What we’re looking for
- You have a degree in a writing-heavy field.
- You have 2+ years of experience as a writer.
- You have a proven track record of delivering high-quality content in a deadline-driven environment.
- You’re a reliable self-starter, and you ideally have experience working remotely.
- You have experience with British English.
- Experience working on a product team
- Experience working at an educational and/or tech startup
- Facility with other English dialects
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we’re taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.