About Your Role:
The Balance is looking for a writer with a strong editorial background and a good grasp of SEO best practices. In this contract, remote role, you’ll work closely with our editorial and growth teams to provide smart guidance to editors working on new, trending articles and updating existing evergreen articles. This is a remote position, but applicants must live within the United States and be able to commit at least 20 hours per week (more hours may be available as projects continue on). The rate is $30 per hour.
About Your Contributions:
- Analyzing keywords and creating content outlines with SEO and editorial best practices in mind.
- Maintaining strong relationships and daily communication with editorial and SEO staff, and freelance writers.
- At least two years experience writing or editing in the business and finance sectors (ideally consumer-friendly, actionable articles)
- Understand SEO best practices and have a strong editorial instinct and confidence around what makes an article successful
- Pro at competitive research—and love doing it
- A plus if you have used SEMrush or Ahrefs
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and independent
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
- Relevant professional certifications (CFA, CPA, CMT) also a plus
Dotdash’s vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday’s 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected]
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.