The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats is looking for experienced freelance editors who will work remotely. As a content update editor, you will be responsible for reviewing and revising existing recipes and articles. Update editors must commit to a minimum of 20 hours weekly (with a maximum weekly commitment of 40 hours). The rate for this role is $25 per hour.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and four clips that demonstrate either their writing or editing skills. All successful candidates will need to complete a short edit test that confirms their food expertise and editing skills.
About Your Contributions:
- Review existing articles and recipes and revise content according to project instructions and editorial judgment
- Identify and update outdated material, noting where visuals will need improvement
- Copy edit, fact check, and potentially rewrite content
- At least 4 years experience editing in the food, recipe, and lifestyle space, preferably for a digital brand
- At least 1 year of professional experience editing photos or photographing food
- Extensive knowledge about cooking and baking techniques, cuisines, and ingredients. Culinary training, recipe development, or food work experience a big plus
- Up-to-date knowledge of food trends
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and able to work independently and accurately
- Comfortable with content management systems
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree and culinary experience a plus
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.