The Balance is looking for a remote editor to join our growing team. As an editor, you will revise and augment existing articles to improve the user experience and drive additional traffic. This is a remote position, but applicants must live within the United States and be able to commit at least 20 hours per week (with a maximum weekly commitment of 40 hours). The successful candidate must provide clips that demonstrate their expertise with relevant subject matter. The rate is $30 per hour.
About Your Contributions:
- Review existing articles on a wide variety of topics and revise content in accordance with project instructions
- Identify and update outdated material, including noting where visuals or videos are outdated or no longer accurate
- Identify opportunities to proactively improve content by restructuring, strengthening sourcing, incorporating visual elements, and more
- At least two years experience writing or editing in the business and finance sectors (ideally consumer-friendly, actionable articles)
- Extensive knowledge of one or more of the following: human resources/hiring/resume-writing, small business financing/marketing, real estate, debt management, paying for college (before and after), portfolio diversification, dividend investing, and value investing
- Comfortable with content management systems
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and independent
- Experience as a financial adviser, banker, mortgage broker, or similar profession a major plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree a plus
- Relevant professional certifications (CFA, CPA, CMT) also a plus
Please attach four clips for us to review that demonstrate your subject matter expertise and writing skills; links and pdfs are both acceptable.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.