About LoveToKnow Media:
At LoveToKnow Media, we believe the good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
Our five distinct brands share a mission to make the world smarter. Unique in their content yet unified in their purpose, LoveToKnow, YourDictionary, WordFinder, GolfLink, and Bibliography.com compel expansive and engaged audiences of consumers who seek specialized subject matters.
Spanning 14 time zones, we cultivate exceptional talent from around the world. A global perspective is what fuels our success and ability to be one of the largest and most well-rounded digital media portfolios in the world. As one global community, we work collaboratively across continents and cultures to create informative content that truly makes the world smarter. Our flexible approach emboldens our employees to work in the environments that play to their strengths, including fully remote roles and flexible in-person roles in the heart of Barcelona.
YourDictionary.com is a best-in-class reference & grammar site. In addition to easy-to-understand definitions and synonyms, it provides writing and grammar tips, word lists, reference articles and more. We are looking for a Digital Content Writer to join the editorial team and help take this content to the next level.
About the Role
We need a strong writer with excellent knowledge and command of the English language and grammar usage. This writer should also be comfortable writing about a variety of topics outside of English language and grammar, including science, math and history. A background in education is a plus. The ideal candidate is someone who can show YourDictionary’s unique value for learners of all ages through varied content platforms, is always curious and loves learning.
The Digital Content Writer will help grow YourDictionary’s domain authority and support all content needs. This writer will create engaging SEO-compliant copy, turning often complex topics into digestible, easy-to-understand content.
This is a full-time remote employee position. Writers create high-quality, informational content for a wide range of deliverables that addresses our readers’ needs and adheres to company guidelines.
As a remote Digital Content Writer, you will:
- Write accessible, clear content that address the needs and queries of the audience
- Update/rewrite and optimize old content
- Pitch new ideas
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with the editorial team
- Attend regular virtual meetings
- Allot time for working on personal authority/branding
- Be self-motivated with excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Minimum of one year’s professional experience writing digital content
- Flexibility to tackle a variety of different content types and styles
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Excellent research skills
- Experience working with a CMS
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Education or a related field
- Ability to follow style guides, brand guidelines and voice standards
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style
Great to Have
- Master’s degree in English, Education, or a related field
- Experience teaching at an elementary or secondary grade level
- Experience writing features and social content
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.