Equus Software has been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the United States. We continue to expand with offices in Denver, Dallas, Lisbon, London and Manila. Our relentless focus on creating innovative global workforce management solutions has helped us become the market leader in our industry.
We are a product and customer-focused company, and that comes across in our A-Player Traits which drive both how we work and who we hire.
About the Role
We’re looking for a seasoned professional to join us as the Product Content and Technical Writer for a 3-6 month contract with a potential contract to perm opportunity. This role will focus on our Ecosystem and will assist with other areas as needed. Your primary role will be to maintain and drive forward the user documentation and education materials as well as updating current existing documentation related to the project.
Our platform interacts with uniquely configured Implementation stacks which are inherently varied and complex. Our customers cover diverse industries and they rely on Equus Software to train them on deploying our Global Mobility software. Your role will be partnering with SME’s from various business units to execute our external client and internal documentation at both a Technical and Functional level. These contacts include working directly with an Executive Sponsor, our Product Implementation, Sales and Engineering teams. This position requires excellent verbal and written skills, a strong background in delivering content, excellent time management skills, and an IT background.
You’ll have proven experience in documenting complex software products and the ability to organize and present a range of technical and non-technical material to a variety of audiences while applying a creative eye for style and detail making processes easy to understand and navigate. You bring with you a self-starter mentality, take initiative, and able to own multiple and shifting priorities. You’ll be responsible for writing, creating and updating existing documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You must be excellent at writing, and web content, and developing content for internal and external knowledge bases.
- Collaborate with the Product team to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions.
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos. Standardize content across platforms and media.
- Revise documents as new issues arise.
- Quickly gain an understanding of our SaaS software product, its key components, and how our users interact with it.
Knowledge Skills and/or Abilities Required
- At least 2 years’ experience developing support content or technical writing.
- Experience managing a project that will have complicated scoping and requirements gathering elements
- Experience organizing completed documentation for maintainability
- Any Managed Service Provider experience and or MSP channel products are a big plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; projection of professional image and credibility; teamwork-oriented and inclusive.
- Exceptionally detail oriented.
- Action-oriented, customer-focused, with effective prioritization, goal setting, and time management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Strong experience with general IT Infrastructure.
- Excellent research skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Nice to Have
- Experience creating video-walkthroughs
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2-3years of experience in Technical writing background in IT or infrastructure
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.