Bustle Digital Group
Do you have extremely strong opinions about Selling Sunset? Are you up to speed on all the true crime show theories? Were you the first to know when Kim announced Keeping Up with the Kardashians was ending? If yes, then Elite Daily’s Entertainment News Writer position is for you.
Elite Daily is a seeking remote, part-time writer to cover TV, movie, and celebrity news. Day-to-day responsibilities include identifying stories our reader would be interested in, pitching unique angles on trending content, and turning around clean and engaging copy for its Entertainment vertical.
Ideal candidates have extensive knowledge of the latest in the entertainment landscape and must be comfortable analyzing TV shows ranging from The Bachelor to This Is Us. Bonus points if your background and/or experience lends itself to covering entertainment news from a unique perspective (please tell us how in your cover letter)! Writers must have a fun, witty voice and the ability to write quickly and cleanly.
*Currently, we are trying to fill a Friday and Sunday shift from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. ET. This writer will work remotely.*
- Find and pitch stories on TV and entertainment news relevant to Elite Daily’s demographic
- Write approximately 3 articles per shift that cater to Elite Daily’s voice and style
- Package posts for both search and social optimization, with clickable headlines and teasers
- Assist in coverage of live and breaking events, writing content in real time
- 2+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
- A fun, witty voice and innovative ideas
- A passion for TV, movies, and entertainment
- Pitch-perfect news judgment
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.