HipHopDX is looking for a dedicated freelance album reviewer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a background in journalism and at least 2 years of writing experience. Editing skills a plus. The ability to deliver quick and accurate results in a fast-paced work environment and a strong knowledge and love of Hip Hop are essential.
We are looking for writers who can produce a minimum of two (2) articles per week reviewing hip hop albums. The person in this position is expected to be able to quickly produce compelling, error-free written content. This position reports directly and works closely with our Managing Editor (and Editor-in-Chief when necessary).
ALBUM REVIEWER REQUIREMENTS:
– Listen to and review new hip hop albums
– Create added value to news articles with unique quotes and/or facts
– Experience working in a deadline-oriented environment
ALBUM REVIEWER QUALIFICATIONS
– 2 years experience writing/reporting for a digital publication
– Strong knowledge of Hip Hop music, past and present
– Ability to decipher Hip Hop slang, references and metaphors
– Excellent creative writing and editing skills
– Knowledge of social media platforms
– Knowledge of SEO best practices
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.