About Your Role:
As a freelance updates editor or producer for Byrdie, you will review and revise existing articles in order to elevate user experience, according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines. Updates editors and producers must commit to a minimum of 20 hours weekly.
About Your Contributions:
- You will research and perform revisions or updates to content as needed according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines.
- In some cases you will use your editorial instinct to independently assess what work is necessary on a piece of beauty or style content before performing an update.
- You will fact check and copy edit on top of any larger revisions and updates.
- You have a strong background in beauty, wellness and style editorial, with current industry knowledge and relationships. You’re always on top of new trends, treatments and products.
- You’re able to easily adopt an established brand voice, and you adhere to strict brand and style guidelines like a pro.
- You consider yourself a visual person.
- You’re comfortable working in a content management system and can work quickly, independently and accurately.
- You are comfortable working remotely.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We reach over 90 million people each month, more than 35% of the U.S. online population, according to comScore, and are one of the largest content publishers on the Internet. Dotdash brands collectively have won more than 50 industry awards in the last year alone, and are among the fastest-growing in their categories. Our brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy, Brides, Liquor.com, TreeHugger, Mother Nature Network, and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected].
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.