Lifewire, one of the largest tech sites on the web, is looking for a number of experienced freelance technology writers who share our passion for creating content that leaves readers feeling educated, empowered, and understood. We’re looking for writers who think of themselves more as technology educators than journalists.
Our goal is to demystify consumer technology for folks who may not be enthusiasts, but use technology every day. Here’s the kind of person we’re looking for to write for the Lifewire audience:
- You read about technology for fun
- You enjoy experimenting and trying new technology for fun
- You regularly toss aside your working setup to try something completely new
- Your friends and family tend to contact you before they buy any tech product
- 5+ years demonstrable experience writing about consumer-facing technology
- Experience writing for a web-based publication
- Ability to write on a breadth of technology topics, across popular platforms and devices
- Strong research skills
- Very high comfort level and demonstrable experience writing straightforward, practical, and instructional-style advice on technology
- Terrific skills in screenshot-taking and finding great images for your content
- Experience with a WordPress-style CMS
- A working Google Account and familiarity with Google Sheets
- Experience working with an Assignment Editor and Copy Editor
- Demonstrable experience documenting processes
- Demonstrable experience creating curriculum or other educational content
- Experience creating animated GIFs or custom imagery
- Active social media following
We are not currently accepting applications via resume/CV. To be considered, you must fill out this form to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfstXlZ5GVpNYSbL9L8X5WKAKDJO97JYIyqcmH7HsdSKW3gNg/viewform.
Our freelancer contracts last for up to one year and may be renewed. We require a minimum number of pieces to be submitted per month, a number we individualize with each of our writers based on their abilities and our needs. Most pieces are between 500 and 1500 words. We offer competitive per-article rates.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.