The Community Company
The Community Company builds and manages communities for global brands and media companies. One of our core benefits is helping our members (some of the world’s smartest professionals, startup founders, C-level executives and business owners) publish thought leadership articles.
We are currently seeking a part-time freelance content creator to help support us in a new initiative to extend our existing publishing benefits.
- Use exploratory calls and worksheets to generate content ideas for clients
- Help quickly and expertly develop client ideas/goals into fleshed-out topic proposals and/or generate new topic ideas based on client expertise
- Turn around 700- to 800-word bylines for those clients that are in line with our rigorous editorial standards, and the client’s voice and goals, in a short timeframe (typically 1 week from initial phone call)
- Turn around requested revisions quickly and courteously
- Interact with busy clients regarding their content in a professional, constructive manner using our helpdesk software
- Collaborate with Chief Content Officer to improve systems and processes that underpin this new initiative
- Report challenges and roadblocks to Chief Content Officer regularly in order to create greater efficiencies
- 2+ years in a post-college professional copywriting, journalism, content marketing/creation role, preferably for a brand publisher, agency or business publication — OR — equivalent freelance experience
- Strong portfolio of thought leadership content that helps elevate others’ brands (samples will be required) — blogs, white papers, articles, etc.
- Comfort with a range of business topics, from the highly technical to general leadership advice
- Ability to translate complex ideas/expertise into compelling copy suitable for the average professional/reader
- Willingness to accept and act on feedback graciously
- Experience meeting, and beating, tight deadlines
- Impeccable grammar, spelling, writing and communication skills
- Solid understanding of AP Style and web publishing
- ZenDesk, Slack and Google Docs familiarity a plus
The right freelance content creator will…
- Deliver high-quality, error-free content on time
- Help clients who may be new to thought leadership or require more extensive hand-holding
- Ensure the majority of members who purchase this new service are not just happy, but renew their subscriptions as a result of their great experience
- Be a strong virtual communicator who is comfortable regularly reporting on metrics that track client happiness, results and issues
Important Details/How to Apply:
- This is a freelance position; the ideal candidate will have a few hours per month available, and be able to communicate whether a new client can be fit into their schedule or not quickly.
- Location/hours are flexible, with the exception of scheduled meetings/check-ins at agreed-upon times. Deadlines are not.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and 2-3 writing clips to [email protected] with “Freelance Content Creator” in the subject line demonstrating your experience with thought leadership/business content. Include rates. Applications without samples and cover letters will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.