THIS POSITION WILL BE FREELANCE AND REMOTE
We’re looking for innovative writer/strategists who already gravitate toward what’s trending online and who have a proven awareness of what people like to read and share. They’re incredibly driven to get content out first; they work quickly and accurately, requiring minimal editorial oversight; they love to experiment until they find what works; and they’re naturally inclined to go to the data to see whether their content is effective.
This position is freelance and will be remote. We are a thriving, growing company seeking like-minded entrepreneurs to help us keep the world in good spirits through fun, inspiring, and heartfelt content.
• Create all content with an eye for evoking emotions and most importantly, motivating shares.
• Continually test inventive ways to improve content — topics, headlines, formatting, genres, word-count, images, videos, etc.
• Be available evenings and weekends. This is not a 9-5 job. This is a whenever-a-story-needs-to-get-posted job.
• Happily work across a number of genres — articles, galleries, quizzes, etc.
- You are familiar with the tools of this trade — at bare minimum WordPress, HTML, Facebook, YouTube, and a photo editor of some variety.
- If you have the ability to create your own featured images (this doesn’t necessarily have to be in Photoshop) it’s a major plus.
- You have experience. You’ve done this before, and you’ve done it well.
- You know the internet never sleeps, so you’re willing to work odd hours as needed to make sure we don’t fall behind.
- You have a clear, casual, punchy writing style.
- You have a keen eye for content. It’s all about how the story is pitched. And you know how to pitch it.
- You are extremely familiar with the viral web.
- You write irresistible titles and compelling stories. You never stop asking Is this clickable? and Is this shareable? When the answer is No, you know how to fix it or nix it.
- You work fast and you’re clever as hell.
- You’re witty.
- No drama.
In order to apply to this position, please complete our Edit Test, directions below, and upload it, along with your application submission: http://bit.ly/2G4DPmN
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://bit.ly/2G4DPmN →