Slickdeals offers its freelancers competitive rates for articles, open communication with editors and the freedom to work creatively.
Slickdeals connects 11 million monthly users with the best products at the best prices. We strive to help shoppers win everywhere, including by providing them with helpful and entertaining articles to help inform their decisions.
The Copy Editor is responsible for editing all assigned materials for clarity, grammar, spelling and punctuation. Additionally, our readers are incredibly savvy and well-informed shoppers, so we require rigorous fact-checking on all articles. Content reviews will be focused on short-form and long-form articles.
In addition to copy editing, the ideal candidate will also take ownership of their content, coordinating with authors directly on tonal and formal adjustments before presenting drafts to the assigning editor.
- Familiarity with the AP style guide (we have an in-house guide, but it borrows heavily from AP)
- Excellent grammar and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an expert level knowledge of English language, spelling and punctuation
- Knowledge of proofing marks and procedures
- Strong fact-checking skills
- Experience maintaining consistent style guide procedures across multiple pieces of content
- Ability to handle multiple projects with close attention to priority and tight deadlines, including next-day and same-day turnarounds
- Proficiency in WordPress or similar CMS
- 1-5 years of experience performing proofreading in a professional capacity
- Ability to take on over 35 freelance assignments per year
- Experience writing/editing for a web publication (bonus points for a focus on e-commerce)
- Knowledge of the discount/deal hunting space
- Proficiency in ClearVoice or similar freelance management system
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.