MYMOVE.com is the authority on all things moving! We’re the only authorized affiliate of the USPS® that connects 12 million movers per year to resources, services, and exclusive savings to make moving easier—before, during and after a move.
We’ve recently launched a content hub (buzzword alert: it’s a blog!), and we’re on the lookout for 3-5 freelance writers to help us make the moving process happier for our audience.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Talented copywriters to create compelling, longform (600-800 words) articles about making the moving process easier: the best size of truck to rent for your type of move, for example. Or, the most prosperous states to move to if you’re a veterinarian; or maybe even music suggestions for a packing playlist. Pitch us an idea! Articles directly related to the moving process are preferred, but, of course, we totally understand that the actual, literal moving process might not be the most exciting thing to write about, which is why we’re also looking for writers who are experts on anything from buying/selling homes, increasing curb appeal, interior design—anything at any stage of the moving process. From the moment a house hunt begins to the second the last piece of furniture is put into place, if you can pitch us a relevant article, we’d love to hear it!
Preferred areas of expertise: buying/selling a home; anything directly related to the moving process (be creative!); home interior design; home organization.
– The ability to craft a must-click headline backed up by can’t-miss content.
– Experience writing for the web.
– Commitment to writing at least 1-2 articles per week, at 600-800 words each.
– Ability to respond within 24 hours to edits and questions about articles.
– Good organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities.
– Willingness to learn and make changes in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
– SEO optimization knowledge.
Every article will require 600-800 words on a topic related to moving, buying/selling a home, interior design, or home organization, as well as a corresponding, engaging Facebook headline and body copy for social media article promotion.
For a feel of our writing style, check out our existing articles here:
HOW TO APPLY:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Moving Blogger,” and include the following in your email:
- Your name and location.
- A brief overview of the topics you are familiar with, and what kind of posts you’d be interested in writing.
- Any credentials you have in the “moving” topic area (broadly interpreted. See above).• Please attach, or include links, to at least two writing samples in your email.
This is a remote freelance position, so you can be located anywhere with a reliable Internet connection.
We will contact qualified applicants for additional information on rates and availability.