Position at Hill Holliday
The Content Strategy team at Hill Holliday is seeking a freelance writer to join our roster of storytellers who contribute to our clientele’s content platforms and long form editorial projects. This position is on-call and remote, typically being given 2-3 articles per month to create.
The content platforms we develop straddle different business objectives, from brand awareness and thought leadership to lead generation and product engagement. Many of our successful writers are journalists and/or bloggers who have a passion for creating narratives that engage, inform, and invite audience participation.
As a writer for the Content Team you may work on several different industries including Telecom, Healthcare, eSports, Financial Services, Food & Beverage, and Higher Education. Experience in those fields will be leveraged to craft storylines and is vital to the quality of content created.
Collaborate with a top agency. Gain exposure to major consumer brands. Craft compelling content that gets read by thousands.
- Write and contribute to various types of long form articles on a wide range of topics.
- Optimize content for search engines demonstrating SEO best practices.
- Conduct analytical research to improve content strategies or tactics related to the article.
- Offer recommendations to improve readability and engagement through concepts such as comparison grids, infographics, video, motion, audio, embedded links, and more.
- Provide conceptual thought starters on how to create supplemental/adjacent content enhancing domain/page authority developing a more credible voice on the topic.
- When the article is complete, be willing to post content to your social channels and network extensions for optimal reach, tagging/referencing clients.
- While this role is remote, timely communication is imperative. You will be expected to communicate with project teams within 24 hours of correspondence via email, phone, or project management systems.
- You have a passion for storytelling with exceptional writing/editing skills and a demonstrated ability to adopt a brand’s style, tone, and personality on specific topics.
- And while you’re great at telling stories, you also understand the importance of search optimization demonstrating the use of best practices in your work.
- You have an ability to download briefings quickly for new industries and fully comprehend their business objectives.
- A minimum of 3 years of marketing content creation experience.
- Able to showcase a portfolio of content created for publications or brands and discuss how it was brought to life from briefing to consumer exploration.
- Project rates are commensurate to experience.
Where you’ve worked:
- Tech Pubs: Mashable, the Verge, Ars Technica, Gizmodo, Wired, CNet, Digital Trends
- Mainstream Consumer News: New York Times, Fox News, CNN, Washington Post, NPR
- Alternative News Outlets: Vox Media, Vice, The Atlantic, The Guardian, Harvard Business Journal, Daily Beast, FiveThirtyEight, Huffington Post.
- Agencies (Publicis, IPG, WPP)
- Product tech companies (Verizon, Comcast, Bose, Sonos, Amazon, Google)
- Entertainment (Netflix, HBO, Showtime, Hulu, Spotify)
- Healthcare organizations (Government and NGO)
- Higher education (HBR)
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.