AXS is a live entertainment hub providing fans with the whole story, from discovering new things to do and getting tickets, to making the most of every live event and reliving those memories. AXS Content provides compelling information for music and live entertainment enthusiasts which enhances their experience and aids in the discovery of new events to attend.
Serving millions of monthly readers across the U.S. and around the world, the AXS Digital Network is a top 100 US web property according to comScore. The AXS official Facebook page has more than 550K Likes and the official Twitter account has nearly 50K followers.
Founded in 2011, AXS.com was developed by Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), one of the leading sports and entertainment promoters in the world.
Do you live and breathe video games?
Are you obsessed with Overwatch League, ESL and other pro-gaming orgs?
Do you have a passion for gaming journalism and entertainment writing?
If you answered yes to the above, then you might be a perfect fit as the AXS Esports Creator.
AXS.com is seeking experienced freelance writers (known as Creators) with a passion for esports and video games. Creators are responsible for producing content to support AXS ticketed events in major markets across the world and provide entertaining content for our readers. Being the ticketing provider for the Overwatch League, occasional ESL competitions and various one-off gaming events, we at AXS strive to keep our library of gaming content fresh and informative. The type of content we’re looking for includes; event announcements, trending news, features, listicles, event guides and so on.
In this role, you will have the ability to claim assignments from a robust library of available content curated by AXS Producers. Given your expertise in the field, you will also be trusted to follow current events and news related to the esports and gaming industry and create your own assignments using our publishing platform.
On occasion, AXS Producers will reach out to you directly with specific assignments for which you will be held responsible. Creators are required to complete a minimum of four articles a week to remain active, but there is no cap on the maximum number of articles you can create.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Freelance writing experience
- Passion for esports event and video game related entertainment
- Familiarity with basic online publishing tools
- Ability to follow direction, work and communicate in a remote capacity
- Knowledge of basic AP Style and Chicago Style
- Self-discipline, ability to deal with editors asking for rewrites and changes if/when necessary
- PayPal account (used for monthly payments)
EXPECTATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Creators will be expected to create content specific to their area of focus as well as claim from the Available Assignment list generated by Producers.
- AXS Esports Creators are required to complete a minimum of four (4) articles a week to remain active, but there is no cap on the maximum number of articles you can create.
- Although this position is remote, Creators will still be expected to maintain regular communication with AXS Producers and staff.
- Build your online portfolio
- Get your byline featured on a major media brand’s site and possibly have your content shared on our social media channels
- Freedom to work whenever and wherever
- Work with editors in the field who can provide feedback and hone your craft
- Attend events and provide firsthand experience to our readers
COMPENSATION & PAY:
- Flat rate compensation of $15 per published article (payments calculated based on monthly totals and paid out during the following month)
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.