Narcity.com is currently looking for an extremely motivated, skilled and passionate News Writer to join our rapidly expanding editorial team. This position will cover Miami and Florida news.
We are seeking a storyteller who loves their city and wants to express it through the creation of engaging, relatable, mainstream content.
Narcity writers are as excited about covering Miami’s Taco Festival as they are reporting on the chaos of this morning’s messy commute. If you’re always keeping up with the Dolphins and you live for Shaq puns, this position is for you.
Narcity writers are ambitious and independent thinkers who know what millennials care about. Our writers want to be the best source of information for their communities, whether it’s breaking down new legislation, spotlighting extraordinary national characters, or spreading the word about urgent public health issues that everyone should know about.
Before applying, please visit our site to get a feel for what we’re looking for. Here are some examples of our favorite articles:
This is a remote position. Candidates considered will be hired on a per-article, freelance contract. Rates will be commensurate with experience.
- Researching, pitching and writing Miami and Florida news articles
- Writing 3-5 news stories per day (300-600 words)
- Creating compelling packaging in the Narcity voice
- Properly citing information that is factually accurate
- Working with Narcity Editors to make necessary revisions and continue improving your craft
- Six months of professional writing experience at a digital news publisher and/or a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- An obsession with tight deadlines and team brainstorming
- The ability to spot catchy, unique angles while staying true to the Narcity voice
- A deep knowledge of what is happening and trending in Miami
- A passion for a mix of research, investigative work, feature stories and news topics
- Availability to work with our Florida Editor Monday through Friday starting at 9 AM EST
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.