Our editors occupy a strategic client-facing role on our projects. They ensure the quality of all content delivered to our clients, and they coach and support our writers, helping them produce content that’s aligned with the client’s goals. We are currently expanding our team of part-time, freelance editors.
These positions are 100% telework.
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Have at least 3-5 years of experience editing content for online use, such as for websites, blogs, case studies and eBooks. You must be prepared to ensure that content is readable, relevant and follows digital content best practices.
- Have a strong portfolio of digital content you have written or edited. Our specialties are healthcare, insurance and financial services. We’re particularly interested in seeing work you’ve done in these industries. But we would consider you if you have impressive expertise in another complex industry.
- Know how to apply SEO best practices to content. Our clients trust us to optimize their content for findability and overall performance in search.
- Be practiced and comfortable with critiquing and coaching writers. We rely on our editors to guide and mentor writers, enabling them to produce their best possible work.
- Be able to find your way with an information architecture (IA)/sitemap. You need not be an information architect, but you must be able to review and validate the writer’s proposed informational structure based on the overall vision, goals and scope of the content.
- Ensure editorial excellence. You provide the quality check on all project content, ensuring adherence to style guides, factual and grammatical accuracy, and use of plain language to render complex topics clear and compelling.
- For extra credit, have video script editing experience. This would increase your relevance across the breadth of our projects!
If you are interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and 3 samples of your work to [email protected]. Please include the phrase “PS 6” in your email subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org