You’re a technology storyteller
Your writing both educates and captivates audiences.
POP will be seeking an experienced freelance technology writer for an upcoming freelance assignment with a deep understanding of cloud technologies (preferably Microsoft Azure) to assist on creating a variety of materials including e-books, whitepapers, and blog posts. These materials will be targeted toward decision makers and practitioners in the enterprise technology space with the goal of furthering their knowledge and understanding of cloud solutions, including architecture, database, security, mobility, DevOps, hybrid, and so on. This audience is already highly knowledgeable about the cloud and distinctly allergic to marketing, so delivering content that is authentic and engaging at the appropriate altitude (think: in the weeds) is a requirement.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a Creative Director and Strategy Director to develop story ideas for long form technology pieces
- Interview subject matter experts, as necessary, to develop clear, compelling stories that use facts, quotes, and data to educate our audience
- Source and cite from other reports (Gartner, Forrester, etc) as necessary
- Submit drafts and refine iteratively based on team and client feedback
What We’re Looking For
- You are considered a subject matter expert in cloud technologies, especially Microsoft & competitors
- You understand the difference between a BDM and TDM
- You keep up on trending technologies and announcements in the cloud space
- You have at least 5 pieces in your portfolio that we cannot resist reading
- You understand how to use and apply a writing style guide
- You preferably have a degree in journalism, computer science, or related field(s)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://bit.ly/2EkyIOG →