DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
DraftKings is seeking a Freelance Writer to contribute written content on nights and weekends across its many platforms. As a writer with DraftKings, you will bring strong journalistic practices to a growing group of writers, producers and on-air talent. A strong understanding of all the major sports is required, in addition to creating breaking news content. Sound like a good fit for you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Freelance Writer:
- Deliver editorial content, shaping a consistent voice and tone for the site.
- Complete assigned long-form content on DFS and sports betting picks for all major sports.
- Create analysis and reactionary blurbs on breaking news, notes, and injuries on our real-time news and information app, DK Live.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 2+ years of experience on the written side of a major journalistic enterprise.
- Extremely strong knowledge of core journalistic/reporting frameworks.
- Deep comfort with the world of fantasy sports and with the sports entertainment space overall.
- Significant work experience in a fast-paced newsroom with high production targets.
- Management experience; must be capable of setting direction and providing feedback.
- Strong organizational skills critical; must be able to juggle multiple pieces of news or content.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to effectively collaborate with others in a team.
- Journalism degree preferred; substantial newsroom experience a must.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.