Fairygodboss is an early-stage startup based in New York. Our mission is to improve the workplace for women by creating
transparency. We do this by creating a safe, anonymous and supportive place for women to leave job reviews and tips about employer pay, benefits and culture. We publish career advice and other relevant articles daily, and we send out multiple email newsletters per week. If you’re an editor and writer who’s interested in improving the world and workplace for women, this job is for you.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Editing articles from our contributing writers (sometimes optimizing for SEO) and working in our content management system to upload and schedule articles for publication.
● Writing and uploading/publishing your articles. Topics will largely be assigned, although pitches are also welcome.
Many articles may need to be written/optimized for SEO.
Article topics will include:
■ Current events around women’s empowerment, women’s rights, women’s issues or prominent women leaders or celebrities
■ General career advice (topics surrounding job searching, interviewing, workplace relationships, etc.)
■ Parental leave / returning to work after leave / working parents
■ Flexible / remote working
■ Gender pay gap / Gender discrimination / harassment
■ Workplace trends & best practices for employers.
● Demonstrated ability and interest in writing and editing (in the form of a blog or writing samples). The ideal candidate will have SEO writing + editing experience.
● We prefer if you have experience writing about some of the topics listed above.
● This is a part-time role (approximately 20 hours/week) but has the potential to become full-time.
This job is ideal for someone who:
● Is a student looking for a flexible, part-time job or someone looking for a side-hustle.
● Is passionate about editing, writing and interested in issues that matter to women.
● Works well under pressure / is comfortable editing/writing on deadline.
● Is a meticulous and detail-oriented editor and writer.
● This is a freelance role for a New York-based writer. Most of work can be done remotely after a 1-2-day
Think you’re a fit? Please email email@example.com with your resume/CV, a brief explanation of why you are interested in the role, and three relevant writing samples (or links to your writing).