Fitt is a community-driven media platform and localized marketplace where people discover, share, and sign up for health and fitness activities.
We’re creating the daily homepage of local fitness communities for people passionate about living an active lifestyle. With more than 25 city-specific sites, we obsessively cover what’s happening in boutique fitness, fit and active events, and healthy (and healthy-ish) eateries.
In each Fitt city, local contributors act as our eyes, ears, and ambassadors on the ground. This growing network of reporters provides comprehensive coverage of their city’s local fitness scene.
Reporter, editor, contributor, or writer — call it what you will, we’re seeking a highly motivated and tremendously talented content creator living in the San Francisco area to join the Fitt team. Working directly with our in-house editorial team, you’ll join Fitt’s expansive contributor network providing comprehensive coverage of the local health and fitness community in San Francisco.
We’re looking for someone who obsessively follows (and participates in) San Francisco’s health and fitness scene. You know what’s cool before it pops, you can rattle off all of best new sweat spots, and you keep a running list of upcoming fitness events.
We’re looking for applicants with:
- Someone who lives in the San Francisco area
- Access to or upkeep of knowledge base of local and national health & fitness trends
- 2-3 years experience in journalism, communications, or creating content for online health & fitness publications
- Familiarity with Fitt and its voice, and ability to relate with our target readership (18-34yo)
- Flexible schedule with access to email throughout the day
- Incredible attention to detail and intolerance for errors
- Ability to manage your own workload effectively, whether it’s quick turnarounds or long-term projects
- Passion for health, fitness, and living an active lifestyle
- Write, edit, and proofread articles assigned or approved by a Fitt Editor
- Create in-depth guides, feature articles, and news stories about topics related to the health and fitness scene
- Stay on top of the latest and greatest fitness news
- Consistently pitch new content ideas and topics
- Meet regular submission deadlines
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.