Embodied is looking for an experienced Freelance Writer with a background writing parenting and/or mental health-focused blogs and articles, to support ongoing marketing activities. The ideal candidate is an excellent writer and loves to tell stories that engage and inspire, address complex child development topics, and align with Embodied’s mission of child development through social, emotional, and cognitive learning.
- Research, write and edit engaging, parent-focused content related to the 5-to 10-year-old age range, covering general child development and/or mental health, developmental and behavioral issues in children.
- Identify and prepare weekly thought leadership blog topics and short-form articles to drive traffic, educate website visitors and a growing social media community, and demystify the topic of child development through social, emotional and cognitive learning.
- Maintain and provide enhancements to existing content.
- Understand Embodied’s audience and content goals and execute those goals while maintaining high editorial standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Writing, Communication, Marketing or a related field is required.
- Published writer with exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Proficient grammar and punctuation, with a working knowledge of the Associated Press stylebook.
- Ability to research new topics, interview subjects, and fact check details.
- Must be creative and able to identify and pitch interesting topics relevant to Embodied’s audience.
- Have a professional, consistent and engaging writing style that encourages readers to share on social media and elsewhere.
- Ability to align with our keyword strategy and write SEO-friendly content
- Team player, but with strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently to meet tight deadlines.
- Published writer with articles covering parenting and/or child development issues.
- Interested in AI, robotics and/or digital technology.
- Knowledge of common child mental, development and behavioral disorders
- Familiar with content requirements for common social media platforms is preferred: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and LinkedIn.
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace.
Location: Pasadena, CA. But exceptional remote applicants may be considered.
Seniority Level: Associate
Reports to: Head of Sales and Marketing
Employment Type: Part-time
Contact us at: [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.