Fitt is a community-driven media platform and localized marketplace where people discover, share, and sign up for health and fitness activities.
We’re creating the daily homepage of local fitness communities for people passionate about living an active lifestyle. With more than 20 city-specific sites, we obsessively cover what’s happening in boutique fitness, fit and active events, and healthy (and healthy-ish) eateries.
In each Fitt city, local contributors act as our eyes, ears, and ambassadors on the ground. This growing network of reporters provides comprehensive coverage of their city’s local fitness scene.
Reporter, editor, contributor, or writer — call it what you will, we’re seeking a highly motivated and tremendously talented content creator to join the Fitt team. Working directly with our in-house editorial team, you’ll join Fitt’s expansive contributor network providing comprehensive coverage of their local health and fitness community.
We’re looking for someone who obsessively follows (and participates in) their local health and fitness scene. You know what’s cool before it pops, can rattle off all of best new sweat spots, and you keep a running list of upcoming fitness events.
We’re looking for applicants with:
- 1-2 years experience in journalism, communications, or creating content for the web
- Familiarity with Fitt and its voice, and ability to relate with our target readership (18-34yo)
- Flexible schedule with access to email throughout the day
- Incredible attention to detail and intolerance for errors
- Ability to manage your own workload effectively, whether it’s quick turnarounds or longer-term projects
- An interest in storytelling across genres (news, features, commentary, etc.) and social platforms
- Proficient in Google Docs
- Passion for health, fitness, and living an active lifestyle
- Write, edit, and proofread articles assigned or approved by a Fitt Editor
- Create in-depth guides, feature articles, and news stories about topics related to fitness scene
- Stay on top of the latest and greatest fitness news
- Assist the Editorial Team in generating new content topics
- Craft highly shareable and attention-grabbing headlines
- Meet regular submission deadlines
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://bit.ly/2FVQYNZ →