Bustle Digital Group is seeking a remote part-time Commerce Health Writer to join our growing Commerce and Affiliate Marketing team.
The Commerce team operates separately from each site’s editorial team, and Commerce articles are written to generate revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The success of an article is measured based on the affiliate revenue it earns — this means a strong candidate needs to not only be a strong writer but able to effectively communicate what makes a product worth purchasing.
The writer will produce well-researched shoppable content across BDG sites, covering a variety of health-related topics that range from the best sleep trackers to the best fiber supplements for IBS. The ideal candidate should have three or more years of experience writing for online or print in the health and wellness space. Previous experience with commerce or affiliate content writing, reporting, and SEO is a plus. Most importantly, candidates should be knowledgeable and passionate about researching products, especially those found on Amazon.
Candidates must be able to work remotely at least two days per week, Monday through Friday, during standard business hours. Please do not apply UNLESS you have this availability.
Examples of BDG health and wellness commerce articles:
- Write assigned shopping guides and product roundups for BDG brands such as Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, Romper, and The Zoe Report
- Conduct research about a variety of products for assigned articles
- Reach out to experts as needed
- Work closely with your editor to ensure that articles are informative, conversational, and optimized for affiliate
- 3+ years of editorial or copywriting experience in the health or wellness space
- Excellent time management and organization
- Availability to work remotely 2-3 days per week during business hours, M-F (Do not apply unless you have this availability)
- Commerce or product copywriting experience
- Experience with light reporting and interviewing experts by email or phone
- A stable of contacts in the health and wellness space
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.