Narcity Media is currently looking for a skilled and experienced lifestyle and trending news writer to join our Narcity content team (https://www.narcity.com). We’re looking for a strong writer who loves their city and state and wants to express that love through shareable, relatable content. You will be writing articles about exciting things to do, soft news happening in and around your state etc.
Note: This is a remote position. Candidates considered will be hired on a freelance contract.
Please read FULL job description before submitting your application.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Creating five short form articles per day as well as the occasional listicle as required.
- Researching, ideating, and pitching articles that relate to the lives of a state’s millennials. This could include major cities’ social scenes, lifestyle news, things to do, and anything else happening that impacts the lives of millennials.
- Writing compelling headlines that attract millennials and drive metrics.
- Ensuring your articles are factually accurate and properly cited.
- Working with your Editor to make necessary revisions and continually improve your craft.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO
- Has some professional writing experience for a lifestyle publisher.
- Has experience packaging content optimized for social media distribution.
- Is familiar with AP style and can create engaging content that requires little to no editing — we want to see people sharing your stuff!
- Can consistently put a catchy, unique angle on a story while maintaining the Narcity voice.
- Is highly knowledgeable about local and state events and what is happening in their community.
- Lives and breathes social media and always knows what’s trending before their squad does.
- Can spot a great, eye-catching image and know how to get likes, shares, and upvotes.
- Is funny.
If this sounds like you, we would love you to send us your cover letter, resume, and 3 pitches for original, local articles that you think will resonate with Narcity readers. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please find an example here.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.