CoinDesk is an integrated media platform for the next generation of investing, exploring how cryptocurrencies and digital assets are contributing to the evolution of the global financial system and the future of money. Our vision is to inform, educate, and connect communities through news, data, events, and research.
As part of that mission, CoinDesk aims to create an authoritative library of information around bitcoin, cryptocurrency and related topics with guidance on how to apply it to personal finance.
Cryptocurrency and digital assets are an entirely new, digitally native system for building personal wealth and savings. The current system leaves out too many people because it’s confusing, lacks clear guidance on how to get started, and largely leaves it up to individuals to do their own research. CoinDesk’s Learn section will demystify crypto for anyone looking to educate themselves about this new asset class and how it’s disrupting global finance. Our Learn section aspires to be the most trusted on-ramp for a mass consumer audience — the next generation of investing.
CoinDesk is looking for experienced writers and content creators to contribute to our Learn section, which comprises evergreen, educational content about bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
We are primarily looking for writers to contribute informational articles about cryptocurrency, digital assets, blockchain technology, trading, companies, mining, and other topics In addition, there will also be opportunities to contribute product reviews, videos, and other formats for specific projects. This is an incredible opportunity for cryptocurrency content creators to build their brand with CoinDesk and help educate the next wave of participants investing in the space for the first time.
- Create evergreen content on specific topics about bitcoin, cryptocurrency and related topics. Depending on your skillset, that may constitute:
- Informational articles, optimized for discovery through search
- Explainer videos (either singular or part of a series)
- Tap-through vertical video animations with text (a.k.a. “stories”)
- Audio content (podcasts and article narration)
- Social posts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebooks and other social platforms
- Other content as agreed to in the contract
- File content on deadline as determined by the Learn Editor
- Collaborate with Learn Editor and other CoinDesk staff as needed
- Adhere to CoinDesk’s strict editorial policies and style guide
- Help promote CoinDesk content on social media
- At least three years of experience as a writer, reporter, or content creator with subject matter expertise in cryptocurrency and related technologies
- Experience covering bitcoin and crypto is required, especially with respect to looking at the industry through the lens of personal finance and retail/personal investing
- A proven track record of speaking to a mainstream audience, able to break down complex concepts into easily understandable, conversational language while adhering to high standards of accuracy and ethics
- Passionate about educating an audience new to crypto
- Social media savvy
- Having a strong and growing social media presence is a big plus
- Talent as a content creator through proven work (writing, videos, audio and social media)
- Depending on the type of content, skills with video, short or long-form writing, mobile-first formats (e.g. Instagram Stories), and more may be needed
- Impeccable attention to detail
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.