Elite Daily is currently seeking part-time writers for its Lifestyle section, available to work three days each week during business hours (EST).
The LIFE section encompasses a variety of lifestyle content different groups of people can relate to — including strong and unique perspectives on college life/struggles, holiday/seasonal content, identity pieces specific to the writer that a niche group can also relate to (ex. introverts, extroverts, coffee lovers, chronically cold people, girls with short hair, extroverted introverts, quiet over-thinkers, etc.), friendship, family, navigating life throughout your 20s, age-specific content, social media content, bucket lists, etc.
When writing and pitching articles on a daily basis, writers should consistently work with the mindset, “What would my friends want to read about?” They should be able to offer a strong perspective on any struggles and benefits of being in your 20s, in addition to personal narratives.
Candidates should have at least two or more years of writing experience (preferably, a personal blog and writing samples from internships / previous jobs that showcase a unique voice), and be able to take criticism constructively. Writers will work remotely.
- Come up with a list of 5 to 10 creative pitches on a daily basis
- Stay on top of cool and unique millennial trends
- Produce at least three articles per shift
- Work in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Ability to pitch creative, fresh story angles and headlines on a daily basis, relevant to the Life vertical
- Applicants should have a deep passion for one or more of the following topics: life in their 20s, holiday content, friendship, pop-culture, social media, staying on top of millennial trends
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Speed in producing exciting and innovative articles
- Able to meet deadlines on a regular basis
- Degree in English or journalism
- Ability to work remotely three days a week, seven-hour shifts each day (EST)
- Solid experience in writing and blogging, any other candidates will not be considered
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.