California Center for the Arts, Escondido
The California Center for the Arts, Escondido is looking to add a Part-time to Full-time Copywriter to our creative team. Your voice will embody the Center’s brand from external communications in marketing and donor relations to polishing up internal communications. Wow us with your portfolio of writing samples that include a few of the following: website content, blog, and social media posts, press releases, brochures, advertising, brand standards development, email campaigns, video/radio scripts, etc. So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
About the Center: The Center is a non-profit organization presenting a rich and diverse array of artistic and cultural offerings. Through arts in education, quality programming, affordable rental facilities, and low-cost and free performances, the Center is able to enrich the lives of the community it serves. With a mission of bringing people together to discover, create, and celebrate both the visual and performing arts, the California Center for the Arts, Escondido is the cultural center of North San Diego County.
Position Summary: The Position reports to the Director of Marketing and collaborates with the Development Department. The position is primarily on-campus with some ability to telecommute. Flexibility to work some nights and weekends to cover events as needed.
About the Role: This position is best suited for a candidate with more than 3 years of experience in marketing, public relations, and/or mass communications. Experience in non-profit fundraising communications is a plus. Excellent written and oral communication and online research skills are essential. In addition to a solid grasp of general marketing principles and tools, the candidate should possess a basic understanding of trends in social media, search engine optimization. In addition to technical skills, the candidate must have the ability to manage projects, organize information, and deliver on deadlines. This position requires a personality that is energized by change and challenge. Please note the following examples of projects that the copywriter will oversee:
· Engaging SEO software.
· Contributing to monthly strategy and reporting for online marketing.
· Integrating keywords and phrases into online marketing copy.
· Writing content for the website.
· Developing social media pages, posts, and ads.
· Developing landing pages for inbound marketing campaigns.
· Participating in online and traditional marketing meetings.
· Contributing to editorial calendar development for online marketing.
· Writing press releases.
· Participating in content strategy meetings with teammates.
We are looking for candidates who:
· Have integrity and a high degree of personal responsibility.
· Demonstrate a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude.
· Are self-starters and detail-oriented.
· Enjoy working as part of a team.
· Are strategic thinkers.
· Are eager and able to learn new things and stay on top of current marketing trends.
· Are social media savvy.
· Are comfortable hitting daily deadlines.
· Appreciate constructive criticism.
· Are comfortable multi-tasking as a key player on a variety of projects.
If you are the ideal candidate and reasonably meet the outlined expectation of experience and qualifications, and if you would like to be a part of a rewarding environment, submit your resume and cover letter today!
Application deadline: until the position has been filled
Position Status: Part-time starting at 20-30 hours per week, this position might turn into a Full-time 40 hours per week position.
Hourly Pay: $20.00-$23.00 hourly rate based on experience and qualifications
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
Terms of Employment: At Will
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.