My company, Overlap [overlaphealth.com] is seeking an editor/journalist that will write pieces on all the ways technology, data, policy and health intersect. You should be a great writer, have a journalism background and some basic understanding of content marketing. You like to form compelling arguments in prose but are not shy from using other forms of media like images, video, audio and data. You’ll get to learn about health and technology and get access to clients who are changing how we deliver and understand healthcare.
Who’s Overlap? Overlap wants to make quality healthcare accessible for all. We help healthcare organizations get patient-generated data from wearables, devices and mobile apps into the clinical workflow so health providers can deliver care faster and better.
* Meet with executive team and Overlap clients one time per week for one hour to discuss content ideas (issues, trends, questions, phrases)
* Write content based on interviews within 2-3 days which will be turned into blog posts, e-books, and social media messages
* Participate in online communities (specifically social media and blogs/websites where community hangs out)
* Honesty – You know when you don’t know. You have no problem raising your hand and asking for help.
* Web Technologies – Good with content platform like WordPress, Linkedin, Medium, etc. and fluent with shared editing platforms like Google Docs
* Experience: Not necessary to have industry expertise in healthcare (although an interest in it will help). Can write and edit quickly
* Organization, planning – You are self-managed, know how to prioritize, meet deadlines and define deliverables.
* Taste – You strive for simplicity whenever possible
* Communication – You write and speak English clearly.
* Hungry – to learn about healthcare and investigate ways to make it better
* Teamwork – You’ll be speaking with engineers, the executive team, and even Overlap partners to turn ideas into evergreen content. This position is remote but can meet in Los Angeles if applicable.
How to apply?
Send us a little blurb and any links to writing you’re most proud of. Email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Editor” in the subject line. We look forward to hear from you!