Blavity, Inc. is on the lookout for new leaders to join our growing media company. Blavity is a venture backed startup based in downtown Los Angeles reaching over 30 million multicultural millennials per month.
We are looking for a Premium Content Editor to develop and produce premium editorial content for the brand. Travel Noire is a necessity in every traveler’s toolkit, we create tools and resources for the unconventional traveler and inspire our community to explore their own backyards and beyond.
The ideal candidate has experience managing a team of writers and developing high impact, long form, and thoughtful travel content.
This role is LA based but open to candidates who are remote.
- Oversee the quality of premium editorial content and ensure that features are topical, interesting and informative.
- Hire and supervise a team of contract writers and coordinate with freelance contributors.
- Assigns, edits, and writes (when necessary) premium stories on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with the team to come up with fresh, creative content ideas, keeping our audience in mind.
- Ensures text is in line with the publisher’s ‘house style’ – for example, that hyphens, capital letters and optional spellings are used consistently
- Last line of defense for grammar, tone, structure, brand voice
- Knowledge of SEO and industry best practices.
- 1 – 2 years experience in digital publishing
- Excellent written English, including good spelling and grammar
- A meticulous approach to work and an eye for detail
- The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- A love of and feel for language, culture and travel
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.